What are Panic Attacks?
Panic attacks are a sudden and often unexpected extreme surge in anxiety, causing the suffer to experience a loss of control of normal functions. For many sufferers of panic attacks, the most distressing aspect is the unpredictability of an occurrence, and the “Fear of the Fear” that this causes.
The feeling that they could experience an attack, without warning, in any place or at any time gives rise to a constant heightened degree of anxiety. This constant fear of panic, can itself lead to the development of phobia, as the sufferer seeks to avoid places where they think an episode may occur. As this could be anywhere, even busy places like shops or cinemas may become areas that are actively avoided, so as to negate the possibility of an attack. The actual symptoms of a panic attack, while undoubtedly distressing, fortunately do not necessarily lead to actual physical harm, but the increased stress placed upon the body’s resources can be exhausting and may cause other problems to come about. Ideally, intervention should take place as early on in the cycle as possible, so that new behavioural patterns can be learned in good time to prevent a worsening of the condition and to lead the sufferer back to regaining control over their emotional responses.
Treatment for Panic Attacks
The Hypnowellness approach to panic attacks is to employ an integrated therapy using CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and Hypnotherapy. CBT is widely used to help modify the thought patterns that begin anxiety, and Hypnotherapy is used alongside this to help the sufferer learn to create a greater state of relaxation and calm.
Hypnotherapy Panic Attacks, Fears and Phobias
Does Hypnosis work for fear, phobia and panic attacks? Hypnosis is exceptionally effective in treating fears, phobia, panic attack and related symptoms such as feeling overwhelmed, needing to escape, feeling detached, loss of control, unable to control over-reactions, stomach churning, dizziness, sweating, trembling, racing heart etc. Using proven Hypnotherapy and NLP interventions I treat the root cause and symptoms related to fears, phobia and panic attack.
- Animal fear, phobia, panic attack (Spiders, snakes, butterflies, birds, rodents, insects, dogs, cats etc)
- Fear of flying, phobia, panic attack (flight, airport fear, helicopter fear)
- Fear of heights, phobia and panic attack (high office building, restaurant or bars in a high building, etc)
- Fear of injections and medical needles, phobia, panic attack (dental fear, phobia, holiday injections etc)
- Fear of tests, exams, assessments
- Fear of germs and dirt, phobia, panic attack (public transport, public places, restaurants, toilets etc)
- Claustrophobia fear, phobia, panic attack
- Fear of blood, fear of blood tests
- Fear of speaking in public
- Fear of the dark, phobia, panic attack (at night, cinema, dark settings etc)
- Fear of thunder and lightning, phobia, panic attack
- Fear of lifts, elevators and stairs, phobia, panic attacks
- Fear of commitment
- Fear of driving
- Fear of falling
- Fear of eating in public (restaurants, cafes, business lunches, dinner with friends etc)
- Fear of finances
- Embarrassing fears, phobia and panic attacks
- Related Anxiety issues
Nearly all forms of fears, panic attacks and phobias can be treated with Hypnotherapy.